Are you that friend who everyone knows will make the reservation and figure out the logistics for activities? Do you find it super satisfying to help someone to find an answer? Are you looking for a structured way to get involved with organizations involved in Design in Nashville? Are the little details your jam? When people say, “If you want something to get done, give it to a busy person,” do you think that’s so you?
We are looking for people with 1-3 hours per week to invest their time in making the programming for Nashville Design Week an awesome and streamlined process from conception to execution for the host and attendees. Responsibilities would include:
- A few ad hoc committee meetings to be sure everyone’s on the same page/knows one another, including an on-boarding meeting in May.
- After programs have been reviewed and accepted this summer, you will be assigned between 1 and 4 programs depending on your capacity and the magnitude of the event. Coordinators for Evening events will only have that one event due to the scale of those. Daytime coordinators will have at least 2 events, possibly up to 4.
- You will be responsible for emailing with program hosts on your own time in coordination with the timeline outlined by the Programming Logistics Manager. (info to include event logistics, marketing content, proof of event insurance, volunteer needs, timelines, etc.)
- This could also entail a phone call or two and/or an in-person meeting or two with program hosts if they request, but that can also be escalated up to the Programs Logistics Manager or Director of Programming should your time be limited.
- Communication with the Partnerships team to connect in-kind services for events as well as coordinating for possible Sponsorship hosted events
- Being in touch with the Volunteer Manager on the Operations team to ensure the program hosts know who their volunteer/volunteers for the week of will be and what needs they have.
- Deliver marketing collateral to hosts ahead of Nashville Design Week
- Optional: be present week-of to help out when your assigned programs are occurring or just attending to show support
This role would likely require increased volunteer hours in the summer months leading up to Nashville Design Week (November 4-8). If interested, please reach out to Fuller Hanan, NDW Director of Communications, at email@example.com with some background information and why you’re excited about the role.